Counter

Saturday 25 April 2009

Three Pretty Bracelets



































These were done from a pattern in 'Bead and Button' magazine. They were so simple to make and really fun to do after all the time I have spent with 11° beads lately. I found the toggles on Ebay and love them - they don't suit small pieces though as they are quite large.

I loved the pattern so much that I made three! They are all going in my Folksy shop.

Talking of Folksy, I have been thinking lately about the way I need to concentrate on one style in the future. It dawned on me that I don't have a niche - I just do whatever takes my fancy. I am leaning towards just making bracelets in the future...advice from all you great bloggers out there would be much appreciated. I am going through a huge crisis of confidence.

10 comments:

Hannah said...

I don't think I'm the right person for giving advice on selling ;) I just wanted to tell you that I really like the blue and brown bracelet, its so pretty.

Anonymous said...

I dunno Sue, I tend to think that the people who are more likely to have long lasting success are the people who don't focus on one particular area. I think what you do is great and I also think if all you made was bracelets you'd get bored of it pretty quickly.

What is your gut instinct?

Apryl said...

I like the red one best, and I have used some of those toggles before they are pretty but can be a pain in the ass as well... you are doing better than me with how you are now, I like that you bounce aroudn and do diffrent styles. I like to see what you will come up with next.

Glamglass said...

I love the bracelets, though I agree with Vonnie and good quality jewellery such as yours will always do well no matter what type!
Your niche is beads!!!

The Coffee Lady said...

I think doing what you like doing is a good start. And as for confidence? I love seeing almost everything you do.

Izabela said...

I agree with most... I think there is a niche in good quality beaded jewelry here and I think you just need some time... if I was you I would do different things as you do now this is what I do with my crochet, don`t do just one thing - not to get bored...

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

i love your beaded jewellery and i love that your pieces are so different - i get bored stiff doing the same stuff all the time which is why i flit about from project to project!
keep up the good work x

Kitty Ballistic said...

I can't advise about selling, as I also make whatever I fancy. Those bracelets are lovely, and the clasps can be the 'feature' rather than the beads - they don't look too big to me.

Suzanne Vaughan said...

Thanks everyone - I am feeling a little depressed at the moment but your comments have helped. I think not selling much is making me question whether my things are good enough.

I have seen so many patterns that I want to try and will try, but I just keep thinking I am not good enough, if you know what I mean. It only takes one error or UFO for me to doubt myself again :(

JessicaVanDen said...

I'm having a similar dilemma atm, so I feel for you! Trying to decide whether to just focus on one type of jewellery - but I love making lots of things!

Good luck :)