Counter

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Morris Style Cross-StitchT

This cross-stitch is from a book on needlepoint that I found in a charity shop for £1.50! I love Morris and the book has patterns for needlepoint based on many of his designs. For some reason, the owl one really appealed to me and I decided to use the chart as a cross-stitch pattern. It is coming on slowly, but I have come to realise the size of the project as this little section has taken hours and there are at least 4 owls! I have not lost interest in the pattern though and am slogging away through it. That is not to say that it won't join my list of WIPs eventually, but I hope not. I have a huge pile of cross-stitch WIPs and really should attempt to finish them before starting a new project. I just can't resist though if a pattern excites me!

No comments: