Counter

Saturday 31 January 2009

Week 2 - C & G Course - Oat Spheres



Despite sounding to the contrary, oat spheres are not a breakfast cereal! They are beads made from 'oats', which are little plastic oval beads. This week we had to make several spheres and incorporate them into a necklace and earring set. I used a very simple design for the earrings, with a couple of Swarovski crystals on each to add a little sparkle.


I then used the earrings to inspire me for the necklace design. Because the spheres are fairly obvious, I wanted to keep it simple. So, I imitated the earring design and mounted the oats on eye pins, with more crystals and some seed beads. I am now thinking of a subtle but pretty way to link them up. Watch this space!

1 comment:

Gill said...

Those are really pretty!! I have some sterling ovals I wasn't sure what to do with but they would look great like this...no chance of a tutorial I suppose? ;)