Counter

Monday 11 May 2009

'Art' Picture



I had to do some craft work for my C&G course the other week and one of the pieces made me want to go further with it. So today I decided to have a go at making a picture using the same methods. This is how I did it:
  • Paint background in various shades of acrylic paints
  • Stick torn strips of printer paper on to the background and colour wash them too
  • Stick on patches of fibrous, handmade (not by me!) paper and ensure that the edges are washed over with glue, to make sure that they stick down
  • While glue is still wet, sprinkle embossing powder over and heat
  • Bead a multi-coloured heart using 11 ° beads and stick to picture
  • Drizzle diamond glaze in interesting squiggle shapes and sprinkle a light dusting of glitter on them
  • Use a glitter glue to make blobs and drag these into points with an embossing tool
  • Stamp a swirly pattern around the edge of the picture
I love the finished effect and am now deciding what to do with it. I think I will get a professional mount cut and then frame it.

No comments: